Jeff Goldblum is famous for his starring roles in films such as Jurassic Park, The Big Chill, and The Fly but now also as a jazz pianist and phenomenal stage persona. Goldblum has been playing jazz piano for over 50 years and has played with the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra for the last 30 years.
Last year (9 November 2018), the actor released his debut album with the orchestra at the age of 66. The album, The Capitol Studios Sessions, went to No. 1 in the UK and US. The jazz album was produced by Larry Klein and features Till Brönner, Imelda May, Haley Reinhart, and Sarah Silverman. The album contains songs from the repertoire of such amazing artists like Herbie Hancock, Nat King Cole, Charles Mingus, Marvin Gaye and Duke Ellington.
Following positive reviews, Goldblum played in many prestigious jazz venues around the world. He also debuted at Glastonbury, where he announced he will be releasing his second jazz piano album on the Decca record label. He confirmed he has been recording the album in LA with the orchestra and a variety of special guests.
“Getting to do another album with the sweet, sweet, enchanted elves and sprites from Decca has me floating on air, somebody please pinch me (ow, not so hard). I only hope that listeners feel what I felt when we made the record – an explosive release of ecstasy. It’s amazing to let the cat a bit out of the bag here at Glastonbury in the fleshy flesh!” says Goldblum.
Goldblum recently appeared in Gregory Porter’s new podcast. Gregory Porter was the one who introduced Goldblum as a pianist to the jazz world inviting him to the Graham Norton show.
A few days ago Disney has announced details of a new series based on Jeff Goldblum. Tv program called “The World According To Jeff Goldblum” will come to the streaming service on November 12, and is set to let you “see the world through his eyes.”
ARTIST: Jeff Goldblum & the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra
ALBUM: The Capitol Studios Sessions
RECORD LABEL: Decca
GENRE: jazz, swing
01. “Cantaloupe Island”
02. “Don’t Mess with Mister T” (featuring Till Brönner)
03. “My Baby Just Cares for Me” (featuring Haley Reinhart and Till Brönner)
04. “Straighten Up and Fly Right” (featuring Imelda May and Till Brönner)
05. “Jeff Introduces Sarah Silverman” (featuring Sarah Silverman)
06. “Me and My Shadow” (featuring Sarah Silverman and Till Brönner)
07. “Nostalgia in Times Square”
08. “It Never Entered My Mind” (featuring Till Brönner)
09. “Gee Baby (Ain’t I Good To You)” (featuring Haley Reinhart)
10. “I Wish I Knew (How It Would Feel to Be Free)”
11. “This Bitter Earth” (featuring Imelda May and Till Brönner)
12. “Come On-a-My House” (featuring Imelda May and Till Brönner)
13. “Caravan” (featuring Till Brönner)
14. “Good Nights”